INSPIRING THE NEXT GENERATION: Women's History Month Giveaway March 12, 2017 18:23 3 Comments
We've partnered with some AMAZING companies, carefully cultivating a women's history month giveaway to inspire the next generation of female leaders. Enter to win a prize package that includes:
1) Play Dress from Princess Awesome
Princess Awesome made history in 2015 as the highest funded childrenswear kickstarter of all time! Lots of little girls love dresses and rainbows and flowers and pink. And lots of those same little girls love cars and robots and pirates and dinosaurs. Princess Awesome is making incredible dresses that encapsulate a different kind of empowered princess.
2. A $50 Store Credit to Mitz Accessories:
Mitz Accessories was funded on Kickstarter in March of 2016, raising nearly $40,000 in just 30 days for their gender-equal clothing line. Mitz Accessories believes it's critically important for girls and boys to have clothing options without gender stereotypes.
3. An 'I Love Code,' dress in women's & child's sizes from Svaha (2 items total)
Svaha USA funded their empowering children's clothing line on Kickstarter. They've since expanded to include a successful adult line of clothing as well! Many of these designs match their childrenswear for adorable coordinates!
4. (1) Copy of Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls
Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls is the most funded book in crowdsourcing history!
Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls is a children's book packed with 100 bedtime stories about the life of 100 extraordinary women from the past and the present, illustrated by 60 female artists from all over the world.
5. Select 'Ordinary People Change the World,' books from Brad Meltzer:
This engaging series is the perfect way to bring American history to life for young children, providing them with the right role models, supplementing Common Core learning in the classroom, and best of all, inspiring them to strive and dream.
This giveaway item includes four titles, one book each:
1. I am Helen Keller
2. I am Rose Parks
3. I am Amelia Earhart
4. I am Sacagawea
6. 'Rosie Revere, Engineer,' and 'Ada Twist, Scientist,' from Andrea Beaty:
Ada Twist, Scientist, from powerhouse team Andrea Beaty and David Roberts, is a celebration of STEM, perseverance, and passion.The creators of the New York Times bestselling picture books Rosie Revere, Engineer write engaging stories about the power of curiosity in the hands of a child who is on a mission to use science to understand her world.
This giveaway item includes two titles: (1) Rosie Revere Engineer and (1) Ada Twist, Scientist.
ENTER TO WIN!
FREE Printable Valentine's Day Cards! February 06, 2017 10:45
Do you know someone who wants to have a REX-CELLENT Valentine's Day?
Do you know someone 'wheely great,' and want to tell them?
Do you have a superhero in your life who needs a little love?
Enjoy these FREE printable Valentine's from Mitz Accessories!
#clotheswithoutlimits SALES! November 25, 2016 01:22
7 Proven Strategies to Increase Likes on Facebook Business Pages October 24, 2016 18:59
Mitz Accessories’ gender-equal clothing line was funded on Kickstarter this past March. Since then we've been working incredibly hard to get our Facebook followers up as a majority of our referrals and sales come from social media. A LOT of people reach out to me about how to gain subscribers on social media platforms – specifically Facebook. Below I share the top 7 strategies that have worked for us:
- Create cross-promotions with similar-market companies - to share market audiences with similar companies we'll often run cross-promotion contests. For example, we just ran a giveaway loop with Princess Awesome, BuddingStem and Svaha USA on instagram. We created a loop where each person tags the next person. To enter the giveaway, people had to like each person's instagram account. For a bonus 10 entries, people could repost the contest to share it with even more people. While this example ran on instagram, it could very easily work with Facebook and other social media platforms. Since we're a small business, we never pay for these giveaways and instead focus on giving away product. However, it should be noted that these types of giveaways are often scheduled with larger companies 3-6 months in advance.
- Create Organic Viral Posts - We're always trying to think of how we can engage with our loyal follower's friends and the community of supporters at large. I recently wrote a Feminist Mom's Rant that went viral. We received a lot of likes from this on our Facebook page after it was picked up by #letkidsbekids.
- Plan Giveaways with Medium to Large Blogs using Rafflecopter - A great tool for giveaways is Rafflecopter. With Rafflecopter, you can have people like all of your social media pages in one place as a way to submit an entry for a contest. We'll often work with blogs such as Gugu Guru to create giveaways around our products and then tailor the giveaways towards Facebook where we see the most conversions and traffic. The giveaway we ran with Gugu Guru can be seen here. After 7 days there were 1,068 entrants and we’d seen an increase of at least 150+ new subscribers to our facebook page.
- Maintain Engaging Content that Resonates with Target Market Audiences- We really take the time to plan out our Facebook content so that it keeps our audience engaged. Before posting anything I always ask myself, "Would I want to read this?" Is this content engaging our followers in active discussions? The more activity you can inspire on your page, the better.
- Support Similar Companies by Featuring Them on Social Media - In an effort to work with other social entrepreneurs that are doing amazing work, we've started featuring other companies who are blazing the trail for gender equality through their products for children. This is a new feature we're implementing this week where every Friday we feature a company we love and explain why we think it's important. We're hoping to build a community of supporters so that if we ever want to do a cross-promotion with those companies they know who we are.
- Publishing Blogs - Writing content that appeals to your readers is a great way to bring traffic to your site and by proxy, fans to your Facebook page. Again, blogs are typically planned out well in advance and integrated into our social media/marketing calendar.
- Work on PR Focus to Gain Attention from New Markets - We work incredibly hard to be seen in the media on a regular basis and this easily converts into likes on our social media, especially Facebook. We were recently featured by UpWorthy and found that we had a lot of new fans on Facebook after the story was posted. We also scour HARO everyday in an effort to see what relevant articles are coming out and how we can contribute.
Thanks for reading! -Amandine
Spooky Adorable Gender-Neutral Halloween Clothing for Kids October 22, 2016 14:29
- Cat Bangles, Gymboree -$4.50
- Cat T-Shirt, Gap -$20
- Bat Necklace, Gymboree, $4.50
- Halloween Headband, Gymboree, $4.50
- Halloween T-Shirt, Gymboree $7.50
Kickstarter Collaboration Template May 30, 2016 21:34
Launching a Kickstarter campaign simultaneously begins your relationship to a community of creative entrepreneurs. To support one another, they’ll often ask other similar campaigns to feature their product or service in one of their updates. You can see an example of a Mitz Accessories update here. Kickstarter updates go out to every single person who has backed that campaign.
15 Fashionable Rain Boots for Fall September 15, 2015 11:07
Nothing is worse than walking around all day in the rain or snow…unless you have super cute rain boots. A quick way to cheer up a rainy day is with a rain boot that makes even the dreariest day fabulous.
10 Tips to Stay Sane During Back to School September 08, 2015 11:24
6 Reusable Lunch Products for Kids and Adults September 03, 2015 10:24
We love products that are not only stylish but also functional and eco-friendly. Mitz Accessories is committed to environmentally friendly practices and supporting companies that do the same. Below you’ll find a list of our favorite reusable lunch items as well as our favorite DIY reusable sandwich bag patterns.
Easy to Carry and Healthy Toddler Snacks When On-The-Go August 19, 2015 09:53
Meeting the nutritional needs of a growing toddler is something I take very seriously. That said, feeding a picky toddler is also a huge challenge. For example, my toddler refuses to eat meat of any kind. Read full article >>
A Beginners Guide to Cheap, Healthy Homemade Baby Food Purees August 13, 2015 10:40
Starting solids is a big step for any baby! When I first started solids with my daughter I felt so lost. I had no idea what to feed her, in what quantity or how to prepare foods for her. I put together this list of things I wish I would have known as a guide for other new moms. Read Full Article >>
9 Adorable Gifts for Cat Lovers August 10, 2015 10:26
Have a BFF with two cats she can’t stop talking about? Perhaps a beloved Aunt who has begun to collect a neighborhood feline following? Read full article >>
The 5 Best Dual-Purpose Lunch Bags for Moms, A Review August 03, 2015 08:00 1 Comment
As a mom, I’m obsessed with all things lightweight and portable that are ergonomically designed and easy to store. Everyday, it feels like my two bedroom NYC apartment is slowly turning into one gigantic toy box/kid accessories warehouse. Between the three of us, we have 1.5 closets. Storage is a precious commodity. Read Full Article >>
Stylish Lunch Bags for Back to School 2015 July 01, 2015 11:44 4 Comments
Looking for the latest and most stylish lunch bag trends for back to school? Check out the list below from top lunch bag companies... Read Full Article >>